North 6th Agency (N6A) is a communications agency focused on Outcome Relations, a unique method of public relations that enables teams to align PR results with our clients' specific business outcomes – Revenue, Competitive Advantage, Capital Raise, Recruiting, M&A and Enterprise Value.
We’re looking for passionate communications professionals with 7-9 years of relevant experience to become the next Public Relations Account Director at N6A. Ideal candidates have experience running communications programs for a diverse set of accounts across B2B and B2C technology industries, an extensive network of technology media plus superior client communication skills.
This position is Office Optional – giving you the choice to work remotely from anywhere, at a workspace in NYC’s SoHo neighborhood, or through a hybrid of both options.
Account Directors support agency operations and new business development, and maintain excellent relationships with key decision makers for each account, ensuring positive momentum and client satisfaction.
- Orchestrate unique communications programs for a dedicated set of accounts; showcase subject matter expertise to clients and teams
- Lead activities for each account; practice daily client counsel and campaign management
- Supervise progress of account teams on program execution and creative strategy
- Drive media coverage and lead by example with solid outreach, story development, campaign strategy and strong relationships with technology media
- Work with direct supervisor to draft Outcome Relations plans and strategies
- Develop and edit outcome-driven materials including press releases, fact sheets, messaging guidance, executive bios, media briefing documents, bylined articles, award submissions, conference speaker abstracts, Q&As and more. Writing assignments vary per account
- Showcase a thorough understanding of each account’s business and outcomes, plus their competitors, market landscape and industry trends
- Guide all team members on PR best practices in media relations, research, writing and reporting
- Assist direct supervisor on performance reports, rankings and analysis in N6A’s performance measurement system
- Support agency initiatives including new business outreach, upselling strategies and business development
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in the field of PR, Communications, Marketing, Business or Journalism
- Experience with B2B and B2C technology PR programs with a focus on securing earned media coverage for corporate and product initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and lead account teams across a wide range of technology industries
- Proficient in Windows, macOS and cloud tools such as Google Drive, Dropbox and Muck Rack
- Excellent writing skills and understanding of the AP Stylebook
- Ability to “Embrace the Pace” and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- , a redesigned hybrid work environment that combines a hot-desk workspace in the heart of NYC's SoHo neighborhood with virtual team collaboration, giving employees the option to work remotely or in the office
- , a unique discretionary bonus compensation program
- Robust and comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans featuring top-tier, nationwide networks
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with generous company sponsored match
- Substantial PTO policy with progressive PTO bank growth, including birthday PTO and Purpose Day
- Option for recurring complimentary lunches or stipend
- Eligibility for signature “Compete and Care” perks, competition and quality-of-life programs
Our team members are the heartbeat of N6A. We take great pride in our “Compete and Care” culture and robust quality of life perks. N6A maintains a work environment that has been lauded as one of the most rewarding, collaborative and unique in the agency world by , , , , , and many others.